“I’m transferring you to another agent who can better assist you.”
How many times have you heard that as a consumer and thought “No.. no.. NO!!!!”? Bottom line: every customer care agent should know and represent your brand to the fullest extent, so they don’t need to transfer your customers’ calls. In fact, 83% of consumers require some degree of customer support while making an online purchase – knowing that alone should convince you to make customer care an ecommerce priority. And nothing says “not a priority” like letting a customer ask a question, vent frustrations, or tell a long story before offering them absolutely no help at all!
More importantly: there are long-term impacts on your business when it’s handled poorly. Forbes covered 50 statistics that prove the value of customer experience. Here are five to ponder:
- 87% of customers who say they had a great experience will make another purchase from the company, compared to 18% of customers who had a very poor experience.
- Companies that provide an emotional connection with customers outperform the sales growth of their competitors by 85%.
- Customers tell an average of nine people about a positive experience with a brand, but they tell 16 people about a negative experience.
- American consumers will pay 17% more to purchase from a company with a reputation for great service.
- Loyal customers are five times more likely to purchase again and four times more likely to refer a friend to the company.
Are you ready to offer your customers a VIP experience? Speed Commerce specializes in outstanding customer care for our retail clients and we can for you too! Contact us to learn more.