Think you know everything about direct-to-consumer contact centers? Take our quick 10-question quiz on contact centers to test your knowledge, then let us know how you scored in the comments at the end of this post!
1. What is ACD?
a) Archived Calls Desk
b) Assimilated Caller Data
c) Automated Call Distributor
2. IVR is a tool used for:
a) Message recording
b) Touchtone/voice recognition menus
c) Caller identification
3. POTS stands for:
a) Plain Old Telephone Service
b) Permanent Order Tracking System
c) Phone Transmit Service
4. Forecasting call volume and scheduling agents in a contact center is a difficult task.
5. The software tool used to forecast call volume is known as:
a) CFS: Call Forecasting Software
b) COM: Call Order Management
c) WFM: Workforce Management
6. Name the industry term for the software and methodologies that help ecommerce merchants handle customers in an organized way.
7. Web self-service means:
a) Customer service via online chat
b) A form of service where customers access information online without speaking to an agent
c) A form of service where the contact center agent guides the customer on the internet
8. In contact center terms, a dialer is:
a) A central switchboard that dials numbers
b) A device that makes automated outbound calls and delivers the call to an agent once it is answered
c) A contact center technician who fixes phones
9. The central point from where customer interactions are managed via phone, email, chat, and other channels is called:
a) Data center
b) Contact center
c) Fulfillment center
10. VoIP stands for:
a) Voice Over Internet Protocol
b) Vocal Internet Protocol
c) Vocal Online Internet Phone system
1) C: Automated Call Distributor. A tool that distributes incoming calls to the next available contact center agent
2) B: IVR. A touchtone or voice recognition menu, which helps carry out customer service requests or routes the customer to a contact center agent.
3) A: Plain Old Telephone Service, or the traditional circuit switched phone network.(Funny name, huh?)
4) A: True. That’s why contact center managers and customer experience execs use a variety of online and offline tools to do it!
5) C: WFM, or Workforce Management, software helps contact centers accurately forecast upcoming call volume.
6) C: CRM, or customer relationship management. Data is collected, mined, and used to serve customers better, from service reminders to recording past purchase history.
7) B: With web self-service, the customer logs on and manages the service himself, through tutorials and clickable options which direct him to the right pages.
8) B: Dialers call customers and connect them to the contact center when they answer the phone.
9) B: Contact center
10) A: Voice Over Internet Protocol, a technology that sends voice communications over the internet.