We are seeking an experienced and hands-on Senior Accountant for our rapidly growing organization.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for:
- Coordinating accounting functions and programs,
- Preparing financial reports and analyses, including new client quotes,
- Preparing revenue/expense projections and forecasting cash flow,
- Maintaining and reconciling balance sheet and general ledger accounts,
- Preparing journal entries, reconciliations, reviewing invoices, preparing deposits, making credit card payments,
- Investigating and resolving account discrepancies and issues of compliance,
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll, run reports, analyze timecards, validate payout, and reset for the next pay period,
- Prepare year-end tax preparations, 1099 filings, and sales and use tax filings and payment, manage annual insurance renewals and workers comp audit, and
- The successful candidate will be involved in various other projects.
We are looking for a self-starter who is willing to roll their sleeves up and dive into the details. This position is an excellent opportunity to use your financial skills. You will need to think broadly, be curious, and use data to drive decision-making. We are looking for someone who can be a champion for our culture and values of client success, integrity, teamwork, quality, and commitment.
This is a salaried, full-time position reporting to the director of finance and is located in our Las Vegas, NV office.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience with transactional accounting experience and firm understanding of GAAP
- Experience working in an ERP environment (e.g. Sage 500 ERP)
- Working knowledge of MS Office, with expertise in Excel required
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Desire to learn and follow standard operating procedures
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong organization skills and sound analytical skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy is a must